FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, Vt. – Mack Molding’s Northern Operations, with three manufacturing facilities in Arlington and Cavendish, has been named an Environmental Partner by the state of Vermont. To be selected, a business must meet eight standards, all of which are geared toward waste management, pollution prevention and energy efficiency.
In addition to participating in an environmental assessment by the Vermont Small Business Development Center, Mack has:
- eliminated process water discharge at the East Arlington facility
- significantly reduced electrical usage by replacing 2,100 lighting fixtures with high intensity fluorescent fixtures
- installed new high efficiency air compressors in two facilities
- reuses or recycles 920,000 lbs of plastic resin per year
- recycles 98,500 lbs of sheet metal per year
- recycles 45,000 lbs of cardboard per year
- purchases cleaning/maintenance products with post consumer recycled content
reduced fuel oil consumption at the Cavendish facility by 51% over the previous year.
In addition, Mack participates annually in a number of environmental training programs and other pollution prevention best management practices.
The Vermont Business Environmental Partnership is a joint effort between the Department of Environmental Conservation and the Vermont Small Business Development Center. Vermont businesses selected for the Partnership use pollution prevention strategies and best practices to go beyond compliance with existing environmental regulations.
About Mack Molding
Mack Molding is a leading custom plastics molder and supplier of contract manufacturing services. Mack specializes in plastics design, prototyping, molding, sheet metal fabrication, and medical device manufacturing. Founded in 1920, Mack is a privately owned business that operates 10 facilities throughout the world. Don Kendall is president and CEO. For more information, go to www.mack.com.