Are you a born leader who is ready to use their manufacturing experience and expertise to take the helm of a like-minded team on the road to success? If you answered yes, Mack Molding is interesting in speaking to you about becoming a manufacturing supervisor on the second shift in the molding department at its Cavendish, Vt., facility.
As the manufacturing arm for our customers, Mack has built a worldwide reputation for injection molding, machining, design work, sheet metal fabrication and contract manufacturing. We work for some of the top fortune 500 companies, as well as cutting-edge start-up organizations, and as a manufacturing supervisor you will be at the core of our business – manufacturing. Mack’s manufacturing supervisors serve as the lynchpins of our organization, providing leadership to our hourly employees, ensuring production goals are met, maintaining the protocols and procedures that preserve the integrity of manufacturing production and ultimately helping the Company achieve Mack’s mission of Total Customer Satisfaction, as well as providing a safe work environment and leading safety initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating, directing, evaluating and providing training and leadership to twenty or more hourly employees. This includes interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Developing daily schedules, ensuring that quality and production goals are met, and troubleshooting problems as required.
- Providing technical leadership for department, including recommending and implementing equipment, process and material enhancements.
- Analyzing and planning workforce utilization, space requirements and workflow, including design layouts for equipment and workspace.
- Following all ISO procedures and ensuring the integrity of product to standard
- Making process improvement recommendations, including developing and maintaining quality systems
- Ensuring employees complete safety training, as well as establishing a safe work environment, and leads department safety team.
- Maintaining constructive working relationship with business units, customers, and internal departments, including effective communication, coordination of WIP and process improvements.
- Researching and making recommendations on production and auxiliary equipment procurement, as well as identifying new technologies and expansion plans.
The ideal candidate will have an associate’s degree plus one to two years of related manufacturing experience, though an equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Employees are one of the Company’s most valuable assets, and Mack is committed to honoring their contributions through competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and by nurturing a team-oriented, engaging work environment. This position is located in beautiful southern Vermont with an unparalleled quality of life.
If interested, please complete Mack’s on-line application form (see link below) and send it with your resume, salary history and a letter of introduction to:
Mack Molding Company
P.O. Box 127
Cavendish, VT 05142
Attn: Human Resources
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.
Equal Opportunity Employer