A. Purpose and Scope
The Associate Product Development / Associate Design Engineer is responsible for assisting with engineering and designing medical products and surgical instruments. This person will work closely with the Senior Design Engineers and the Engineering Manager. This position includes interfacing with clients including; project status meetings, product development project planning, tracking and reporting. Working with other internal technical teams is a key responsibility, including clinicians, industrial designers, consultants, vendors, quality engineers and other support personnel, as needed. The Associate Product Development / Associate Design Engineer should have knowledge of creative concept development, prototype experience, and analytical ability.
- Create, experiment with, and evaluate new product concepts
- Participate in project brainstorming meetings
- Capable of developing and executing clinical and engineering testing protocols
- Capable of troubleshooting and debugging prototypes against specification documents
- Perform engineering activities, including, ensuring customer requirements are met, maintaining compliance with quality system requirements, and participating in project status meetings
- Interface with clients regarding project status
- Assure project proceeds in accordance with the Synectic Design Control system.
- Perform according to detailed project timeline (start up to project completion).
- Participate in material, component and device assessment and selection for devices and implants
- Develop and communicate to customers results using Microsoft powerpoint or word, as applicable
C. Organization Relationships
The Associate Product Development / Associate Design Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager of the company. The Associate Product Development / Associate Design Engineer works closely with internal and external technical teams such as other engineers, industrial designers, clinicians and vendors.
A. Education & Training
- A minimum of a four year college degree in engineering or science, or equivalent experience, is required. Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills required both with technical and non-technical people
- Demonstrated aptitude for creative, “out of the box” thinking, and translating customer needs into product ideas
- Strong mechanical and problem solving abilities
B. Technical Requirements
- Skilled at thinking strategically, innovating and applying technical knowledge to complex problems
- Proficient with recent versions of 3D CAD applications (SolidWorks or ProEngineer preferred),
- Working knowledge of in-house machine shop capabilities and safety procedures (nice to have).
- Solid data analysis, data management, basic statistics and experimental design skills
- Experience with design, fabrication and validation of simulated use and standardized product performance tests
- Very proficient with PC-based office tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Project
- Basic knowledge of classic stress analysis, Finite Element Analysis and mold flow analysis
Employees are one of the Company’s most valuable assets, and Synectic, a Mack subsidiary, is committed to honoring their contributions through competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and by nurturing a team-oriented, engaging work environment. This position is located in beautiful Woodbridge, Conn., with an unparalleled quality of life.
If interested, call 203.877.8488 x38 today to learn more about employment packages offered, or please complete Mack’s on-line application form (see link below), or send hard copies of your resume, compensation expectations and a letter of introduction to:
Synectic Medical Product Development
11 Lunar Drive
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Attn: Adam Lehman
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.