Summary: Directs production, distribution, and marketing operations for branch plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers or supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by division president.
- Responsible for plant P & L and all budget matters in the operation of the plant.
- Works closely with other departments such as Sales and Engineering, Purchasing and Quality, to improve productivity and to achieve established goals and customer expectations.
- Confers with plant personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Coordinates activities of plant departments such as operating, manufacturing, engineering, planning, maintenance, or warehouse to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Infrequent travel to customers and suppliers required
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Gives authority to work independently; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism– Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Follows policies and procedures. Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Sets goals and objectives; Inspires the trust of others; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university plus three to four years related experience and/or training.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; accounting software; inventory software and manufacturing software.
Manages four or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of up to 200 employees in the Manufacturing, Molding, Metals and/or Paint Departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; P&L responsibility; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Employees are one of the Company’s most valuable assets, and Mack is committed to honoring their contributions through competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and by nurturing a team-oriented, engaging work environment. This position is located in beautiful Vermont with an unparalleled quality of life.
If interested, please complete Mack’s on-line application form (see link below) and send it with your resume, salary history and a letter of introduction to:
Mack Molding Company
608 Warm Brook Road
Arlington, VT 05250
Attn: Human Resources
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.
Equal Opportunity Employer