Are you comfortable with hand tools and machinery? Would you describe yourself as an independent self-starter who can work well in a fast-paced environment? Do you have previous finishing experience? If this sounds like you, Mack would like to speak to you about openings for an manufacturing technician – machining/fabrication – at its headquarters in the beautiful mountains of southern Vermont.
As the manufacturing arm for our customers, Mack has built a worldwide reputation as a reliable provider of plastic injection molding and contract manufacturing services in a number of diverse markets, including medical, industrial, transportation, energy/environment, computer and business, and consumer products. Many would say the technician is an integral part of our success. He or she:
- Supports assembly operations of pad printers, ultrasonic welders, milling machines, conveyor lines, heat staking and insertion equipment, ovens, vacuum systems, various fixtures, safety devices, guarding, etc.
- Troubleshoots/repairs PLC systems.
- Performs assembly equipment setups.
- Identifies preventative maintenance needs, and perform preventative maintenance at an established frequency, on assembly equipment to ensure safety, productivity, quality and maximum uptime.
- Designs, develops, purchases and fabricates assembly equipment, tooling and machines, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to improve assembly equipment so that it is safer, more efficient, and produces the highest quality part possible.
- Works with manufacturing team members, managers, and engineers to identify and implement improvements.
- Assists Maintenance Department with general plant maintenance.
- Assists in training other employees on safety, assembly techniques, equipment, etc.
The ideal candidate will have an associate degree in a technical field, preferably in plastics, machining or equipment fabrication, plus a minimum of two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. He addition, successful candidates will have:
- A working knowledge of PLC systems and demonstrated experience designing and supporting electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- An excellent machining capabilities using CNC machining equipment (e.g. lathes, milling machine, etc.) including proficiency in setting-up and programming CNC machining equipment using manual, conversational (shop floor) and CAM system programming in G-code and M-code.
- A Thorough working knowledge of grinding, polishing, wire EDM machining, etc.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, drawings, mechanical and electrical schematics and governmental regulations.
- The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond
Employees are one of the Company’s most valuable assets, and Mack is committed to honoring their contributions through competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and by nurturing a team-oriented, engaging work environment. This position is located in beautiful southern Vermont with an unparalleled quality of life.
If interested, please complete Mack’s on-line application form (see link below) and send it with your resume, salary history and a letter of introduction to:
Mack Molding Company
608 Warm Brook Road
Arlington, VT 05250
Attn: Human Resources
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.
Equal Opportunity Employer.