As the manufacturing arm for our customers, Mack has built a worldwide reputation for plastic injection molding, machining, design work, sheet metal fabrication and contract manufacturing. The Mack team helps launch new products for some of the top fortune 500 companies, as well as cutting-edge technologies for start-up organizations. At the core of our business is manufacturing, and Mack is looking for a manufacturing engineer to join its Southern Division at the Company’s Statesville, N.C., facility, who can combine creative thinking, technical know-how and an analytical mind to shepherd programs from concept through prototyping and clinical evaluations to phase in and ramp up. If you have a mind toward continuous improvement and a focus on quality, Mack would like to discuss this opportunity with you!
At Mack we know good initial design must be complimented by the ability to replicate it at scale. If you revel in hands-on activities and enjoy the idea of taking on this engineering feat we want to talk to you. As a manufacturing engineer, you will be a vital member of the team responsible for launching new products, creative solutions and sustaining engineering. You will have significant access to the breadth of the organization, working with the engineering and manufacturing organizations at all levels to drive operations efficiently, economically and effectively to ensure we achieve Mack’s mission of Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Designing, developing and documenting Assembly, CNC, Ultra Sonic, Printing, Glue Cell, Robotics and other processes within the Finishing department (knowledge of paint application would be a plus).
- Providing technical leadership in the development and training of assembly processes, equipment and technical personnel in the Finishing Department.
- Interfacing with Account Managers, Project Engineers, Quality, and Manufacturing personnel to resolve conflicts and improve process designs.
- Developing and documenting quality effective Work Instructions and packaging for new and existing products.
- Assisting in identifying and correcting manufacturing issues that create non-conformities or inefficiencies.
- Acting as liaison between Sales, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to execute new processes meeting Customer requirements and ensuring smooth, successful manufacturing launches.
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or GED along with two years of plastics experience. A successful candidate also will have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work with various software.
Employees are one of the Company’s most valuable assets, and Mack is committed to honoring their contributions through competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and by nurturing a team-oriented, engaging work environment.
If interested, please complete Mack’s on-line application form (see link below) or send hard copies of your resume, compensation expectations and a letter of introduction to:
Mack Molding Company
149 Watertank Road
Statesville, NC 28677
704-878-9641, Ext. 4471
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.
Equal opportunity employer.