As the manufacturing arm for our customers, Mack has built a worldwide reputation for injection molding, machining, design work, sheet metal fabrication and contract manufacturing. The Mack team supports some of the top fortune 500 companies, as well as cutting-edge start-up organizations, but who helps keep Mack’s business systems running? Our IT team, and the Company’s Inman, S.C., facility, is looking for an experienced IT professional to serve as a senior systems administrator working with Active Directory.
The senior system administrator plays a vital role in supporting the organization by ensuring network security and availability, as well as assisting in the management of business applications, servers, all IT infrastructure and content management systems. As a key team member, this role is responsible for ensuring Mack’s business infrastructure runs smoothly and stays current. This individual will report to the Mack Molding IT manager and manage the server and network infrastructures while providing support to end users for a variety of devices across multiple offices.
By managing day-to-day IT infrastructure, this position will be involved in local projects, or substantial divisional level projects, that involve optimizing system performance, and resolving difficult and complex system administration problems. The senior system administrator supports and addresses difficult and complex problems in the installations, upgrades and control of application software; diagnosing and recovering failed systems; and optimizing the functionality of networks and systems. The role covers a broad scope, from legacy issues to long-range plans and new cutting-edge technologies to assisting in the development of new policies or revamping existing policies.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day IT infrastructure and Hyper-V Servers Locations- Statesville NC & Inman SC.
- Monitor networking equipment, switches, routers, Wan, Lan, and servers
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors and solve Event Viewer errors
- Ensure security for web users’ accounts and information, cyber security
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues and respond to requests for IT support
- Cleanup Group Polices in AD and fix ones that aren’t working
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, install software licenses on Servers, etc
- Set up equipment for new users
- Maintain Office 365
- Document internal procedures and Maintain Change Management Climate
- Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software
- Perform data backups using Storage Craft and Shadow Protect
- Install and update network system improvements as needed
- Develop and present plans for integrating new server technology into existing architecture.
- Upgrade and Install New Servers using Hyper-V Virtual Clustered Environment
- Migrate Domain Controllers and other Servers from Server 2012 to Server 2019
- Keep inventory of equipment, software, and licenses
- Migrate from Windows 10 environment to current Builds
- ODBC understanding and Intermec Barcoding Printers
- Expansion of IDF’s and cabling, Access Points, Bridges
- Mentor junior members of the team while also providing technical direction
- Project management, Time Management, Multi-Tasking
- Experience designing and troubleshooting subnets, routes and VLAN’s
- Travel, as required to locations throughout the state for installs and support
- Networking knowledge including being familiar with the TCP/IP v4 and v6 protocol, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, ICMP as well as the ability to crimp and punch down CAT6 and install wall boxes
The ideal candidate will live within 45 minutes of Statesville, N.C., and have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, along with CCNA, CompTIA certification or an equivalent, and be an expert in Active Directory setups, group polices, WUSU, and solving event log errors. A successful candidate also will have three to five years of relevant, verifiable IT experience in a previous role installing, upgrading maintaining servers and operating Systems. Experience with helpdesk or IT support, as well as network and server management support is a plus. The senior system administrator should also have up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software and upgrades, and all infrastructure to include configurations of servers, Hyper-V VMs, routers, switches, APS and Cyber Security. Additionally, candidates should be able to configure and add network laser printers and thermal bar coding printers. Familiarity with any of the following: Dell VRTX Platform, HP Switch products, Network Monitoring Tools, Distributed Antenna System, Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, Telnet, DHCP, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Member Servers, Office 365 Email, EDI, I-Series administration, ESET AV, SQL Server and DB2 databases, Microsoft Hyper-V, Visio is preferred. He/she must also have the ability to physically stand, bend, squat and lift equipment, as well as be able to climb behind large objects to reach network jacks and other IT related equipment.
Employees are one of the Company’s most valuable assets, and Mack is committed to honoring their contributions through competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and by nurturing a team-oriented, engaging work environment. If interested, please complete Mack’s on-line application form (see link below) or send hard copies of your resume, compensation expectations and a letter of introduction to:
Mack Molding Company
149 Watertank Road
Statesville, NC 28677
704-878-9641, Ext. 4471
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.
Equal Opportunity Employer