Mack is currently seeking a Network Administrator to ensure the reliability, security and efficiency of our data network and servers.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and expertise to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment and servers, ensuring the continuity of business operations.
Responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving network and server issues, implementing security measures and proactively optimizing network performance.
The Network Administrator will play a crucial role in maintaining a robust and dependable business operations infrastructure for our organization.
- Fully research, support, install, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate networks and servers, including but not limited to, wiring, routers, network printers, firewalls
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications, as well as add, move or change servers and other network devices
- Support and administer third-party applications, including Oracle Agile PLM and Infor XA ERP
- Ensure network security and connectivity, including troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading network hardware
- Serve as primary point of contact for critical outages and alerts, triaging as needed
- Monitor network performance and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Specify system requirements and design solutions, including assessing new technologies and developing business case recommendations
- Monitoring infrastructure utilization and utilize data to make recommendations to improve performance
- Setting up workstations, laptops and desktops as needed
- Provide help desk ticket resolution and on-call support as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience in a network administrator and server manager roles
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching, including expertise with a wide range of servers/operating systems, e.g., Windows server 2016, Windows 2019, and Windows 2022
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, specifically Sophos; Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution; various systems and software, including AS400, ERP, CAD, Hyper-V, Agile and Oracle, is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- MCP, MCSE, Network+ certifications preferred
- AS degree in Computer Science or related field, plus five or more years’ experience in computer networking in a business environment preferred
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders coming from various technical levels
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a strong focus details and time management
Mack Molding recognizes our employees as our most valuable asset and is committed to ensuring they have competitive compensation packages, diverse career paths, advancement opportunities and engaging work environment. This position is located in beautiful southern Vermont with an unparalleled quality of life.
If interested in applying for this position, please complete Mack’s on-line application form by clicking the link below, where you also will be given an opportunity to attach your resume and cover letter. Additionally, you may send your resume, compensation expectations and letter of introduction to:
Mack Molding Company
608 Warm Brook Road
Arlington, VT 05250
Attn: Human Resources
Resumes accepted from qualified applicants only.
Equal Opportunity Employer