MackMedical/Mack Molding has made additional investments in its Class 100,000 cleanroom molding capabilities. “These investments are in secondary operations that will primarily support our recently installed cleanroom for molding orthopedic and small medical disposable applications,” says Jeff Somple, president of Mack’s Northern Operations, “as well as enhanced software for managing medical manufacturing documentation and extended record-keeping.”
• Two variable-speed, portable gantry cranes, each covering three cleanroom presses, with one-ton hoists to allow for quick tool changeovers.
• Three Wittmann Tempro plus D Vario high-pressure, water-based, dual zone temperature controllers featuring variotherm mold tempering with powerful pumps, direct heating, indirect or direct cooling, and supply temperatures of up to 350°F.
• KP-08 three-color pad printer that can print as many as five colors. It features easy touch pad controls, a sealed inking system for quick changes and considerable ink savings, and a pad shuttle function that improves multi-color print registration.
• 50-watt FiberMark laser system for permanent metal and plastic marking that offers faster marking speeds, improved traceability, and stronger identification processes in a time-efficient, cost-effective manner.
• ACT Desktop Machining Center for orthopedic customers that features a lightweight, compact design that is rigid enough to precision machine all metal parts up to 12″ x 8″ x 6″ in size.
• Fisnar desktop dispensing robot for a medical work cell to automatically dispense adhesives, liquid gaskets, resins and UV materials.The company has also enhanced its product lifecycle management (PLM) structure, adding server capacity for medical documentation storage.
Large part molding
In addition to the above, Mack has added a Ranger three-axis Servo robot to a 2000-ton Cincinnati injection molding machine at its Cavendish, Vt., plant. The robot features a 14′ traverse stroke and is capable of a 45lb payload. Two Dri-Air portable dryers for wood-filled polypropylene resin are also ordered.
Contact: Bryan Campbell